Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Builder Sam Update

Hi everyone. There have been many changes around here, hence the move to a new blog.
Willow Ridge has now been set up in the basement. This area is for the Elven community to live safely away from the cats, Nova and Kovu.

The cats are wonderful beasts, but when the sun goes down and under the cover of darkness, their animal instincts kick in. They love to chew on dollhouses and cause mischief.

Of course, Mr Nova is not thrilled with the dollhouses moving, nor is he happy with me telling you his faults. Here is a picture of my grumpy cat. I told him that his day job of inspecting the houses will remain in effect but he is still not satisfied.

You may remember from the old blog that I initially tried to integrate the Barbie community with the dollhouses, but it was too hard to access everything and so changes had to be made.

Barbie Land was relocated and so were the hideous plastic shelves. Nine wooden tables took their place. Larger houses will go on top and the smaller houses will go underneath.

Now it is time to let Kinsey be an active realtor selling properties. As for Isabelle, she will be back one day I am fairly sure. She is still traveling with the Doctor and will be fine. (Most of his companions come home safely although somewhat changed. Hopefully for the better.)
That's all for now.

10 comments:

  1. Hello Sam,
    I am happy that the community has a nice, safe new home...but how could you stay mad at those gorgeous cats. They are beautiful. It is great to see your collections so well displayed.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I am so envious of the new space for your elf community! Spacious AND safe from cats! PERFECT! I can't wait to see how it all turns out! Very nice!
    - Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. I cannot wait to see it finished also! Sometimes I feel like it is never going to get done.

      Delete
  3. How Thrilling to be able to have all of this space for your Willow Ridge and Barbie Land in the same room. I look forward to hearing updates on Isabelle but I know that Kinsey will do a TERRIFIC job as property manager while Isabelle, the Doctor and Poor Bessie are away!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. Yes, Kinsey is quite a capable realtor and will do well I am sure.

      Delete
  4. And I thought I was having many projects... *LOL* Ah, it's great to see that all is going along well in Barbie Land and in Willow Ridge. Both the Barbie and the Elven community will live happily ever after there - with no threats from furry inhabitants and with Kinsey finding the matching home for anyone.

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that Barbie Land and the elven community have a safe place to reside. I remember as a kid my beloved cat Cynthia Jane liked to make her prescence known in my large dollhouse which was a little larger than 1:12, perhaps on a scale of 1:10 or Hitty scale, for Madame Alexander dolls since it was home made. She loved thrashing and walking about it. It terrified the dolls. Looking forward to seeing how your doll rooms display come together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure all of the little Elves in Willow Ridge and the residents of Barbie Land feel much safer now that they reside in the protection of the nice, cozy basement. I can imagine how scary having the large furry creatures walking around in the doll houses must be! Things are looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like it's all coming together nicely Sam. Can't wait to see the final pics of the Elven community. :)

    Mr. Nova will have to learn there's a time and a place. He may think cats rule, but it's not really the case when it comes to the crunch. Z:)

    Hope you are enjoying making all the changes.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete