Friday, April 21, 2017

Good Books

Random post just for fun! (Too busy with real life at the moment to work on dollhouses.)
One of my favourite authors is Pearl Buck.
My husband found twelve of her books at a library sale and bought them for me.

Nova decided that if I liked them, then he would like them as well. As a Siamese cat, he felt that he should familiarize himself with stories about Asia.

There is something magical about an old book. It is really amazing how once you start a great story you are transported away to another place and time.
I suggested to Nova that he start with The Good Earth, but, being a cat, he chose his own and began reading.

Cheerio,
Sam

7 comments:

  1. Awww what a beautiful and obviously very clever cat, to choose his own book like that. I'm afraid my dogs tend to stick with comics, although they do sometimes read their kindles! ;)
    I hope you enjoy all your 'new to you' books :) and Nova does too of course!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he enjoyed it... ;O)

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe ! He looks a bit disinterested at first - but then he is really getting into it ! Must be a good book 😊xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sam,
    I do love a cat that believe in reading. He looks very smart!
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photographs - You have wonderful and cooperative props! Hope you can find time for minis, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sam! I LOVE Pearl S. Buck too and THE GOOD EARTH is a personal Favorite! I find my copies at the thrift store which was where I eventually found the 2 sequels to it, but I all of her books are enthralling!
    Lucky You!

    elizabeth
    p.s. Did you ever see the black and white movie version of The Good Earth, because if you haven't- it's Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Nova you are an interesting puss, fancy you being an avid reader of great novels!! Looks like you have become quite engrossed in that one. :)
    Hugs,
    X
    P.S. Love the photos Sam.

    ReplyDelete