Saturday, October 22, 2016

Kinsey's House Quandary

Builder Sam here.
Remember Kinsey's house?

I was moving it to Willow Ridge when I hit a rather large snag. Or a small one - depends on how you look at it.
Kinsey's house is 32 inches long. The doorway to the basement is only 30 inches.
Mr Kovu suggested turning the house sideways, but it was still too wide.
It seemed hopeless. No matter which way we turned it, it just simply was not going to fit.

I told Kinsey that her house was not going to make it to Willow Ridge. Kinsey was adamant that she wanted to be in Willow Ridge and that I HAD to make it happen.
I studied the house for a while.  With my hammer and chisel, I managed to pry the roof off.
That was the answer!
Without the roof and tower attached, the body of the house is just under 30 inches.

Bit of a tight squeeze, but it fit through the doorway. Yay! Kinsey will be happy - I think. The roof will be reattached but will be removable for moving purposes.

Now I just need to finish it.
Cheerio,
Sam

5 comments:

  1. Good thinking to remove the roof and tower to move the house downstairs! I think Kinsey will be very happy when all is put back together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! And it looks like you did a nice job of it too! It is a monster house, but I think Kinsey will love it! Congratulations on your home making it to Willow Ridge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my... how I love stories with a happy ending!!! Here's to Builder Sam for saving the day! ;O)

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sam,
    Thanks to Kinsey and her persistence, you now know the meaning of "where there's a will, there's a way". . . LOL! I think a removable roof should help solve this one for any future moves, it's a lovely house.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8/24/2018

    I'd like to thank you for the efforts you have put in penning thiks
    site. I'm hoping to view the same high-grade content from you in the future as well.
    In fact, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my own, personal website now ;)

    ReplyDelete