Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts.
I am currently working on Fairy Hazel's house.
Of course, she wants a"tree" house so I started adding bits of cardboard and foil for texture.
I was very interested in Sharon Ojala's technique for making bark so I decided to try it.
The only problem was that I found the cheap masking tape I used did not hold very well.
I gently tugged on the tape and the whole side came off.
This was not very encouraging, so I removed it all.
I also decided that this house was too big.
I originally wanted rooms connected by little hallways (kind of like a rabbit warren) but the footprint took up too much space, so out to the garage I went to modify it.
I decided to go upright, stacking the "room-boxes" to make a three story house.
This looks horrible right now, but I am confident that I can turn it into something interesting. I have plenty of scrap wood and some old dollhouse parts to use for my experiment.