Sunday, April 18, 2021

Thanks

 Thank you to everyone who commented on the last post. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment.

On another sad note, I forgot to mention that in the past few years I lost both of my cats.

First Nova got really sick with kidney problems which progressed into congestive heart failure and then he passed away. I was really devastated over his death and could not write about it. (And I still can't.) He was a super awesome boy who loved being part of my dollhouse world.

At the beginning of January last year, Kovu got sick with diabetes (just when my husband came home). He required two injections a day which was not fun! It feels so cruel to give injections into the scruff of the neck and I am sure he did not like me doing it. The hard part was, I also have to give my husband injections and I was nervous that I could mix them up! (Although Methotrexate and insulin are very different.) He got progressively sicker as the months wore on and had many visits to the vet. Unfortunately, Kovu passed away in October. We had the cats for about fourteen years, but it feels like such a short amount of time.


I also lost my mother-in-law last June. Planning a funeral amid the COVID-19 lockdown was pretty complicated. My husband is now the successor trustee and so I have been helping him with the estate. It really amounts to a lot of endless paperwork, dealing with lawyers, banks and tax accountants. Yeah, life has been trying to knock the stuffing out of me, but I am pretty resilient. (I think it is the laid back Aussie in me that has allowed me to just roll with the punches!)

On a happier note, I got another dollhouse this week. It is BIG but in rough shape. Looks like someone sat on the roof as it is completely broken and will need to be replaced. This is the kind of dollhouse that I enjoy finding as I am free to completely change and modify it. Even better is the fact that there are no internal walls or stairs (things I usually rip out to make more room). However, I have about a hundred other dollhouses waiting for attention (and as I remember, Kinsey was first in line to have her house finished).

Cheerio, Sam


6 comments:

  1. Wow. Life really was trying to see how much you could take! It just sucks when it feels like everything is happening at once and none of it good.

    I hope everything smooths out and you can start to get some rest. The new dollhouse looks like a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased your Aussie strength kicked in to carry you through kiddo! Now I know you will get through this.
    Email me if you need to Sam.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved babies, Sam! My beloved Georgie passed last summer, and my heart still aches for her every single day. I don't think I will ever stop missing her. Hugs!
    The new dollhouse project looks like so much fun! I can't wait to see what creative magic you have in store for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad for your cats, Sam. Years ago, I also had a cat with diabetes and needed to inject him every day. I think he never even felt the little needle but unfortunately, just as with humans, diabetes comes with all kinds of other problems and I could soon see that he wasn't enjoying life anymore. We do what we can but there comes a time when we have to say that sad goodbye.
    You are dealing with so many challenges, I'm glad that you got a new house to give you something positive to focus on. It looks like a blank canvas right now, you're going to have so much fun renovating it to your liking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Losing our beloved pets is always so very hard. My thoughts are with you.

    That is great project to keep you busy and I look forward to seeing the progress you make on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my... even more bad news... I'm so sorry to hear that you had to face such losses. I'm wishing you once more loads of strength - let's hope the new dollhouse (what a find!) can help you to reagain strength and energy.

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete